URGENT UPDATE: WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW!
The rezoning of 4090 Jeffrey Blvd has received a positive recommendation from the planning board,
with noted reservations from residents, but has NOT yet been passed by the Hamburg Town Board.
We absolutely need your presence at the public hearing for this project:
Monday, September 26th 2016
Courtroom at Hamburg Town Hall
As you may be aware, the proposed project entails a multi-sport complex with indoor and outdoor sporting activities, possible “all-hours” operation, and an adjoining BAR/restaurant. Please take the time to educate yourself on this plan and think about how it would impact your day-to- day life.
We, “The Bayview Coalition” a group of very concerned and strongly opposed residents, have been working over the past several months to raise awareness, gain signatures on petitions, write personal letters and have attended many board meetings.
- However; now is the time that we need you! Your physical presence at this meeting, ability to voice any and all of your concerns, IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL! We must join together to preserve our quiet, friendly and safe neighborhood. After the public hearing the 3 town board members will vote on this project, so the time is NOW!Please take the time to consider the following concerns:
- Overall negative impact on the residential neighbors’ quality of life.
- Noise pollution– current infrequent “neighbor noise” will change to “frequent disruptive noise” including possible outdoor music and game noise.
- Full liquor license would be applied for – serving alcohol until 4 a.m. is possible.
- Alcohol on the property will contribute to and encourage a “party-like” culture.
- A bar in a residential area sets an unwelcome precedent.
- Attraction of large crowds could lead to trespassing, littering, vandalism, home security issues and impaired drivers.
- Possible all-hours operation.
- Significant increase of constant traffic.
- Potential to host large adult leagues and tournaments 7 days a week.
- Overflow parking complications.
- Too much development for the size of the lot.
For more information, please visit our website at www.bayviewcoalition.com, or feel free to check out the planning board meeting minutes on the Town of Hamburg’s website.